Thursday, August 14, 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Miss Clara's Glasses




Several times a day  I pass by and glance at these glasses.  They rest on an old marble topped table next to some other family mementos.  The glasses were given to me by a cousin some years ago.  At that time, my cousin mentioned that the glasses once belonged to my Great Aunt Clara Estelle Vaughan.

The other day I was looking through the photo albums that belonged to Mary Louise Vaughan and found several pictures of Clara wearing glasses that looked much like those pictured above.

Three of the Vaughan Sisters, Louise, Clara, and Eleanor

Clara Vaughan sitting between two friends
Oh course, the picture of Clara and her friends is my favorite.  After all, she's wearing one of those wonderful hats, just as her sister Charlotte previously wore.  Who knew such fashion was available in the town of LaGrange, Georgia?

Once again, I am grateful that someone hung on to Clara's glasses and that they eventually found their way to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment